I have silently struggled my whole life with something nameless that kept me from concentrating in school and being physically fit in life. When I had children, everything got worse. Chronic pain, fatigue and a multitude of other symptoms took over my life and every day was (and is) a battle against my own body. Getting out of bed is too much sometimes. This is a large part why my involvement in stock became less and less. I was just not physically capable of it. Doctors ignored my pleas for help and passed it off as depression. Sometimes I was even lectured about how depression can cause everything from neck pain to urinary issues, without any scientific evidence to back up those claims. Just to get me to leave with a pill.
I persevered. I, as many who have chronic illnesses do, became my own advocate. Finally, I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. (ednf.org). It is a genetic disorder that causes the body to create faulty collagen, one of the proteins that holds the entire body together. It is incurable and only the symptoms can be treated, often with little success, as those with EDS are usually either so sensitive to medication that it causes intolerable side effects, or so immune to medication that only dangerous levels work at all. Or both. My body is, literally, falling apart. And while it will not kill me (at least not anytime soon), it makes even simple tasks difficult.
Some of you may know I've also struggled with dental issues. A week ago, I had all my remaining teeth removed. I will have full dentures at 27 years old. I am still recovering from the surgery, but I am doing well.
My diagnosis is relatively recent, only a couple weeks. I am going to get a CT scan of my brain and an EKG to make sure my heart and brain are okay, and from here, just try to figure out how to live with it..
Chased by nightmares and haunted by a voice urging her to kill, psyker Redd unwittingly opens a portal to Upworld, a realm populated by the last remnant of the angelic race. She is thrust into an intergalactic conflict: the Rangers and their allies must prevent the fortress Everdark, the angels' last bastion, from being overrun by evil.
Sent to the front lines because of her psychic abilities, Redd finds herself at the mercy of a mysterious entity that gifts her with tremendous power and then abandons her, leaving her exhausted and confused. Clinging to her very sanity and caught in the nebulous place between good and evil, she is swept up into not only a battle for the angels' lives, but something far greater.
Everdark is the first step on a road to an awaited destiny that, with Redd and her companions playing integral parts, will change the universe at its very core.
And the Amazon link: www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYHL2WM
- Anything containing my stock that is featured in magazines, art galleries, or on book covers or CD cases, etc, credit me as the model/photographer; Courtney Simonds. (if there is another model and I took his/her picture, please ask for their name for proper credit)
- If you use my stock please send me a link and give credit!
- No erotic art and anything derogatory or racist. I reserve the right to ask you to take something down if I disapprove, but I will tell you right now that hasn't happened yet.
- Please no comments about my appearance, good or bad.
- I HEREBY GIVE MY PERMISSION TO ALL DEVIANTART USERS TO MAKE PRINT VERSIONS AND SELL ANYTHING YOU CREATED WITH MY STOCK IN IT. Just notify me and give Courtney Simonds credit.
- I apologize that I can't respond to every note, comment and useage of my stock. Rest assured that I DO look at every one and I appreciate every comment and favorite. Also, I only have time now to check my stock once every couple of weeks, so if you ask me a specific question and don't hear from me right away, don't be discouraged. If you desperately need to get ahold of me, my email is Undelineated@aol.com.